Dublin Chamber of Commerce
Dublin Chamber of Commerce has a vacancy for a Senior Policy & Communications Executive to join its team public affairs team. The role involves working with member companies to prepare policy positions and convey them to key influencers. The successful candidate will have strong analytical and communication skills, which will be used to support the Chamber’s public affairs and media campaigns. This role requires considerable policy development and business representation skills, and experience of working directly with senior leaders in the public and private sector.
Reporting to the Policy and Communications Director, to work with member companies and the Dublin Chamber’s governing Council to:
- Plan, manage and deliver influencing campaigns in support of policy objectives;
- Research, write and convey policy statements, reports and submissions;
- Represent the Chamber at external fora relevant to the Chamber’s policy agenda and speak on behalf of the Chamber at seminars and conferences;
- Develop the Chamber’s network of key influencers in relevant policy areas and effectively communicate Chamber initiatives;
- Draft member communications and speeches; and
- Contribute to the content and help with the production of Dublin Chamber publications.
Key Experience and Required Skills:
- Expertise and experience (3-6 years) in public policy;
- History of building relationships with senior figures in enterprise and Government;
- Excellent written and oral communications;
- Excellent drafting skills with a keen eye for detail;
- Understanding of Irish politics and business;
- A high degree of IT proficiency;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast paced ever changing environment; and
- Relevant graduate degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
This position will provide a great opportunity to work with senior leaders and to grow your skills. The Senior Policy & Communications Executive will operate out of the Chamber’s offices (7 Clare Street, Dublin 2). This is a two year contract with a six month probation period. Salary will be commensurate with experience. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to: Graeme McQueen, Dublin Chamber of Commerce,email@example.com. To discuss the role in confidence, contact Graeme on 01 644 7247.